THE FDLR DECLARATION ON THE OCTOBER 6TH 2014 PRESS RELEASE BY FAUSTIN TWAGIRAMUNGU ON BEHALF OF CPC: 02/PP/10/2014 FDLR
This is a declaration by the Democratic Forces for the Liberation of Rwanda (FDLR)
- Following the Oct 6th Press release by Faustin Twagiramungu on behalf of CPC entitled: “CPC’S Pathway to stopping the UN plans for military attacks on Rwandan refugees, inside the Democratic Republic of Congo:”
- Based on the content of the OCT 8th 2014 declaration by CPC’s founding members, disassociating themselves from then CPC President Faustin Twagiramungu due to his treasonous acts and dictatorial behavior, as signed by both FCLR-Ubumwe and UDR Presidents,
- After a careful review of the Oct 8th 2014 press release by Mr. Faustin Twagiramungu in which he keeps claiming that he is still CPC President at the same time attacking the FDLR leadership with the intent to create internal conflicts and divisions among our Freedom fighters:
After a meticulous review of the various opinions and wishes of our Freedom fighters and sympathizers; The Democratic Forces for the Liberation of Rwanda (FDLR) declares to the Rwandan People and Friends of Rwanda the following:
- The FDLR reaffirms its permanent and unchangeable membership to the FCLR-Ubumwe (The Common Front for the Liberation of Rwanda) which to this day is made of PS-Imberakuri and the FDLR, -FCLR-Ubumwe being one of the political formations that created the CPC on March 1st 2014-. It is shockingly sad and shameful, that Mr. Faustin Twagiramungu claims not to know anything about FCLR-Ubumwe at all, even though his own political formation RDI-Rwanda rwiza was the first to sign a cooperation agreement with FCLR-Ubumwe, which he, then, announced to the world through a variety of media outlets, namely the BBC and the Voice of America. We are all familiar with the Rwandese saying that states that: “a man may change positions in bed but he may not go back on his word.”(Umugabo ahindukira ku buriri ntahindukira ku ijambo). Therefore the FDLR hereby declares its full fledged support to all the decisions contained in the Oct 8th 2014 declaration by the FCLR-Ubumwe and UDR.
- In his Oct 6th 2014, Mr. Faustin Twagiramungu claims to be a merciful advocate for the Rwandan Refugees inside the Democratic Republic of Congo, trying to convince them that their problems have been caused by their leaders, and he proposes to offer up those leaders as sacrificial lambs to the one sided international courts.
- This sudden sympathy from Faustin Twagiramungu for the refugees, after 20 years of a hellish nightmare that he helped create for them, leaves everyone wondering the real motives behind this change of heart: As the saying goes: one who claims to love a baby more that its own mother, wants to hurt it. ( Urusha nyina w’umwana imbabazi aba ashaka kumurya)
- We would like to remind Mr. Faustin Twagiramungu and those who hold similar views as him, that it took countless sacrifices from our Freedom fighters for any Rwandan refugees to still be alive today in the DRC, after twenty years. With regards to the so-called unbiased courts, Mr. Faustin Twagiramungu should consider the amount of years our leaders, Dr.Ignace Murwanashyaka and Straton Musoni have been incarcerated, without having their day in court, then realize that his proposals line up perfectly with those of our enemies, who want to decimate our people starting from the leadership. One of the main objectives of the FDLR is to protect the Rwandan refugee at all cost, and we will never back down from that responsibility.
- It is also important to remind the general public that FDLR does not conduct its internal politics within the media, and we will not tolerate anyone trying to interfere with the inner workings of our organization, or those who are trying to instigate divisions by defaming our leaders. We welcome all constructive advice and councils, but they must go through proper channels, in a courteous and respectful manner, the hallmark of those who are working tirelessly to bring political change and true reconciliation for the Rwandese people.
- The FDLR would like to ask all Freedom fighters, wherever they are, not to pay attention to those who are trying to distract them from their main mission of coming to the rescue of the People of Rwanda, by creating nefarious divisions. This is the time for action, not for back and forth insults through the media. To those who are truly concerned with the struggle for real political change in Rwanda, the FDLR asks that they remain vigilant, and put all their ideas and efforts together, by serving the supreme interests of our people, first and foremost, instead of pursuing individual agendas and personal glory. Acting otherwise lends comfort and strength to our enemy who, to this, day, has not relented in his extreme atrocities against our people. Let us all remain united, knowing full well that the same God that has watched over our refugees for the last twenty years, using the fearless freedom fighters of the FDLR, is still standing guard over us. May God bless and protect our people!
Done in Walikale Oct 22nd 2014
La Forge Fils BAZEYE